The Manley Variable Mu® Limiter Compressor amp is a favorite of producers and recording engineers, and one listen to what this device does for your sound will make you a believer, too! Anyone who has heard the classic Fairchild 670 Series limiters in action has an idea of the Variable Mu Limiter Compressor capabilities. But the sound is even sweeter with the Variable Mu Limiter Compressor.
The Compress mode is soft-knee 1.5:1 ratio, while the sharper knee Limit mode starts at 4:1 and moves to a more dramatic ratio of 20:1 when limiting over 12dB. The knee actually softens as more limiting is used. Distortion can be creatively used by turning up the Input and turning down the Outputs while using very little or no compression. But get beyond the impressive ratios and technical specifications; you'll see - or you'll hear - that the Variable Mu Limiter Compressor is a remarkable processor. This is a serious audio tool, suitable for a huge spectrum of important recording applications. Add to this a flexibility that allows you the kind of creative input you need, and you've got the kind of processor you've been dreaming about. That's the Variable Mu Limiter Compressor. Get one today!
Features And Specifications
• Input & output transformers with pure nickel laminations in mu-metal case with flat frequency response from 20Hz- 25KHz
• Balanced Inputs & Outputs (600 ohm)
• Fully differential ALL-TUBE circuitry using one each 5670, 5751, 7044, & 12AL5 per channel
• Independently regulated B+ and Heater supplies
• Hard-wire BYPASS switch
• Silent conductive plastic INPUT attenuator
• RECOVERY 5 steps: 0.2s, 0.4s, 0.6s, 4sec., 8sec. (NOT a 12-step recovery)
• Variable Attack: 25msec-70msec
• Continuously variable THRESHOLD
• Switch for LIMIT or COMPRESS modes
• Front panel mounted METER ADJUST
• LIMIT (4:1 to 20:1) or COMPRESS (1.5:1)
• Large ILLUMINATED Sifam METERS
• STEREO LINK SWITCH
• Maximum gain: 35 dB
<0.1% THD @ 1KHz Noise floor: -85dB typical
• Max. output +30 dBm (26Vrms) 26dB Headroom
• Power consumption (120/240VAC): 80 watts
• Dimensions: 19" x 3 1/2" x 10" (occupies 2u)
• Shipping weight: 23 lbs.