All the polyphony and effects of a full-blown Virus...
... in a single rackspace!
That's exactly what you get with the Virus Rack XL analog synth module - the entire capacity of the Virus C Desktop analog synth in a single-space rackmount unit.
Designed by THE company for awesome synthesizer interfaces, the front panel of the Rack XL is a promise of creativity unbound. And with all the expanded polyphony, new effects, and new features in your hands, it's freedom you'll appreciate more than ever.
The front and rear audio inputs will take you to new levels of musical creativity and power. Now guitarists, DJs, and anyone else who wants to penetrate the possibilities of pure processing can do it like never before... Ease into those filters, envelopes, and LFOs (cause they feel SO good!) It's like getting a free Virus C right inside a high-powered multi-effects rack!
• Compact, but equal in power to the C, KC, and Indigo!
• Very Cool Red LCD with styled face panel
• 5 Knobs, 12 Buttons, 16 LEDs
• Internal Power Supply
• Dimensions: 482 x 183 x 44 mm
• Weight: 2.3kg
• 32-voice polyphony and 16-part multitimbral capability
• 1024 programs [256 User / 768 ROM / 128 Multi]
• Undo/Redo/Random features
• 4 oscillators per voice. 3 main plus one sub [when all oscillators are in use, polyphony may decrease, but not by more than 6 voices.]
• Sawtooth, variable pulse, sine, triangle + 62 additional spectral waves
• FM [Frequency modulation] with or without external Input signals
• 2 filters selectable as lowpass, highpass, bandpass or bandreject
• 4 filter configurations (serial/ parallel) for up to 6 poles [36 dB]
• 3 LFOs with 68 LFO shapes
• Loop or Envelope LFO modes with midi clock sync
• 2 ADSTR envelopes [T=Time]
• 16 independent arpeggiators with numerous arpeggiator patterns and real time parameter access/modulation including swing & note length.
• 98 simultaneous DSP effects:
- Reverb [w. pre-delay sync to MIDI-clock]
- 3-Band EQ per program/part [low/hi shelf + parametric mid]
- Retro Phaser [6-stage stereo phaser with 24 filter-poles
- Multiple independent distortion/saturation/Lo-fi FX per voice, including multiple distortion/shaper characteristics and variable gain.
- Chorus/Flanger with rate sync to midi tempo
- Simple or "Groove" Delay [preset polyrhythmic patterns]
- 32-band advanced vocoder
- Ring Modulator
- Analog Boost for true vintage tonal characteristics
• 2 Soft Knobs, individually assignable per program
• Internal master clock that drives all arpeggiators, LFOs and delay times; automatic sync to external midi clock
• Advanced Modulation Matrix with 6 source and 9 destination slots.
• Complete control via MIDI (CC/Polypressure/Sysex) with "Adaptive Control Smoothing" for ultra soft parameter changes and no zippering.
• MIDI Tempo sync capabilities for virtually every time-based parameter
• Front panel mono input for guitar and line level signals
• Rear panel stereo inputs suitable for turntables and other stereo signals
• Input can be used in a send/return loop
• 4 Individual high quality outputs
• Full 24-bit processing; 24 bit d/a, 18 bit a/d converters
• Flexible "auxiliary" model of internal audio routing for processing/reprocessing internal/external signals through the synth engine and and effects of other voices
• True Surround sound capabilities
• Free SoundDiver Virus editor/librarian for Windows™ and MacOS™
• Easy operating system updates via MIDI