Frontier Design Group’s new AlphaTrack™ combines a set of intuitive
tactile controls in a compact and attractive package. Ride a
high-resolution fader, turn real knobs, scroll and shuttle with the
touch of your fingers, all with a control surface that fits your
desktop and the way you work. AlphaTrack lets you work more
productively and creatively without giving up a lot of desktop space.
AlphaTrack includes a 100mm, touch-sensitive, motorized fader which
provides true 10-bit resolution for smooth and precise level control.
AlphaTrack also has three touch-sensitive encoders, a feature
previously found only on high-end gear costing thousands of dollars.
These let you adjust track and plug-in parameters while the
32-character backlit display shows detailed feedback in response to
your touch. The encoders provide quick control of pans, sends, EQ,
plug-ins, and automation.
One of AlphaTrack’s greatest innovations is its touch-sensitive jog
and shuttle strip. Slide one finger across its surface and your
project’s timeline scrolls in response. Drop a second finger onto the
strip, and now your fingers control the timeline’s shuttle speed. Zoom
through your project with two fingers, then just lift one finger and
slide to quickly set the precise position you want. And you can also
just tap on the left or right ends of the strip to navigate through
your project’s markers!
AlphaTrack also has a set of 22 buttons and 21 LED’s, including
standard transport controls, per track record, solo, mute, and
automation indication, and encoder mode control. When supported by the
computer application, a set of buttons can also be customized with
AlphaTrack connects to your computer using just a single USB cable.
This makes it quite portable, easy to connect, and compatible with
laptops since no additional power supply is needed. AlphaTrack’s
backpanel also includes a footswitch jack for easy punch-in recording.
AlphaTrack works on Windows XP and Mac OS X (including Intel Macs)
with applications such as Pro Tools, SONAR, Reason, Cubase, Nuendo,
Final Cut Pro, Soundtrack Pro, and REAPER. Support for more
applications will be added regularly.
- Requirements: Windows XP (Service Pack 2 recommended) or Mac OS X (10.3.9+) operating system
- Computer Interface: powered full-speed USB 2.0 or USB 1.1 port (unpowered hub connection not recommended)
- User Interface:
- One 100mm touch-sensitive, motorized fader
- One 32-character backlit display
- Three touch-sensitive encoders, with push-button function
REW, FFWD, STOP, PLAY, RECORD, SHIFT, MUTE, SOLO, REC-ARM, FLIP, IN,
OUT, LOOP, PAN, SEND, EQ, PLUG-IN, AUTO, F1, F2, F3, F4
- Indicators: RECORD, SHIFT, MUTE, SOLO, REC, FLIP, IN, OUT, LOOP, PAN, SEND, EQ, PLUG-IN, AUTO, F1, F2, F3, F4
- Power: From USB port; no external adapter required
- Included Items: AlphaTrack control surface, 6' (1.8 m) USB cable, CD-ROM, Quick Start Guide
- Size: 8.5" x 6" x 3" (22 cm x 15 cm x 7.5 cm)
- Weight: 1 lb. 2 oz. (510 grams)